- Developing a model of visitor monitoring system for an ecotourism destination that can be applicable and replicated at a national level.
- Emphasizing the ecotourism profile of the area through high quality businesses and more environmentally friendly.
- Promoting Tara Hategului – Retezat at a national level as a top ecotourism destination in Romania.
Duration: 01 April 2016 – 30 September 2017
Budget: 76.121 CHF (66.971,26 CHF grant vallue and 9.149,74 CHF co-financing)
- Retezat Tourism Association
- the Association for the Development of Social & Health Tourism (APDTSS).
Funding source: Project co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union.
Coordinator: Bogdan Papuc
The main outcomes of the project are:
- creating a promotion brochure for Țara Hațegului – Retezat destination in Romanian and English, with a total edition of 4000 pcs;
- developing a new full-featured website for the destination available in Romanian and English;
- developing, creating and implementing a pilot tourism monitoring system for a tourism destination;
- evaluation of 8 guesthouses within the destination according to the Eco-Romania ecotourism certification system;
- organizing a workshop at the national level with the topic “The Management of the Tourism Destinations in Romania and Europe”, attended by representatives of the tourism destinations, academia, the governmental sector and the private sector;
- creating a database of good quality photos from the destination that will be available for latter use;
- creating a manual for visitor monitoring within a tourism destination based on the experience of Țara Hațegului – Retezat.
For more information about the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation Programme visit:
This web page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the Swiss Government. The Association of Ecotourism in Romania is fully responsible for this content.